Disclaimer: About This Blog

THIS BLOG IS: my personal journey of how I am rethinking some of my spiritual beliefs.
THIS BLOG IS NOT: intended to point fingers at people who I think are wrong.
I do not believe the final judgement will be based on how many correct answers we get on a theology exam. I believe many people throughout history have had genuine relationships with God, despite holding questionable beliefs and practices. I make no claim to having it all figured out or being your judge. If we end up disagreeing over these topics I pray we can find a way to demonstrate grace.

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Fake Lords Supper Pictures

I hope you don't find these pictures too sacrilegious. The intent of this post is to see through the eyes of others for a moment. What do people think about when they think of the Lord's Supper or Last Supper?













I'm not sure if it is helpful to make connections between Jesus and Homer, Ronald Mc D, or iPod Touches. But I think there is something about the idea of the Lord's Supper that is still relevant to our culture today.

Do you see any aspects of these fake pictures that are more true to the original Last Supper than what we see in most church Lord's Supper services?

My next post will take a look at da Vinci's famous Last Supper painting and the Scripture passages that all these images are based on. 

No comments: