Disclaimer: About This Blog

THIS BLOG IS: my personal journey of how I am rethinking some of my spiritual beliefs.
THIS BLOG IS NOT: intended to point fingers at people who I think are wrong.
I do not believe the final judgement will be based on how many correct answers we get on a theology exam. I believe many people throughout history have had genuine relationships with God, despite holding questionable beliefs and practices. I make no claim to having it all figured out or being your judge. If we end up disagreeing over these topics I pray we can find a way to demonstrate grace.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Kingdom Good News

I am continuing my series on the secrets of the kingdom and am now moving into the gospel according to Mark.

Early into this good news account by Mark we have this passage that relates the good news to the kingdom of God.

Mark 1:14-15 (NIV)
After John was put in prison, Jesus went into Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God.  “The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!” 
Or... Young's Literal Translation 
And after the delivering up of John, Jesus came to Galilee, proclaiming the good news of the reign of God,and saying -- `Fulfilled hath been the time, and the reign of God hath come nigh, reform ye, and believe in the good news.'

I am sure many theologians wish there were more details here. 

What is the gospel that Jesus preached?

Or maybe the good news that Jesus preached was simply that the King was here.  Jesus is Lord. Repent, believe, change your way of thinking, submit to the King and submit to the reign of God.

Do you think this passage is missing some of the details of the gospel? Or could the secrets of the kingdom be simple enough for a child or simpleton like me to understand. :)

May God's kingdom come, Gods will be done, here on earth as it is in heaven.

That is good news!

No comments: