Disclaimer: About This Blog

THIS BLOG IS: my personal journey of how I am rethinking some of my spiritual beliefs.
THIS BLOG IS NOT: intended to point fingers at people who I think are wrong.
I do not believe the final judgement will be based on how many correct answers we get on a theology exam. I believe many people throughout history have had genuine relationships with God, despite holding questionable beliefs and practices. I make no claim to having it all figured out or being your judge. If we end up disagreeing over these topics I pray we can find a way to demonstrate grace.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Favorite Topic

If you spend enough time with anyone you should eventually clue into what their favorite topics are. Christians are no different, we all have are favorite topic we like to emphasize. I know different Christians who are known to focus on different things.

For example I know many who focus a lot on the cross and Penal Substitutionary Atonement.

I know others who focus a lot on church.

I know others who really want to focus on God's holiness, and others focus on our need to live holy lives.

I know others who focus on creation, spiritual gifts, prosperity, end times, love, justice, grace, specific mission organisations, charity project, politics, or evangelism.

I really think it is good and great that we are all wired differently. And I acknowledge these topics can overlap and support each other.

However... how can I say this without sounding proud....

I am thankful Jesus has placed His favorite topic on my heart.

What was the favorite topic of Jesus?

When we read the stories of Jesus in the gospels, I think it is safe to say His favourite topic was that of the kingdom of God.

This blog started off focusing a lot on Church unity. And I still think that is a great topic worth looking at.

Right now I notice I have now written more blog posts about the Reign of God (kingdom of God) and kingdom secrets than any other topic. Those two labels are really the same topic. I just want to go verse by verse through all kingdom related passages, so I've separated these posts into a kingdom secrets series.

I will still blog about many other topics.

And I'm OK with people focusing on other topics. But I think I've found the best topic to focus on, and I'm glad to share what I'm learning here.

No comments: