Disclaimer: About This Blog

THIS BLOG IS: my personal journey of how I am rethinking some of my spiritual beliefs.
THIS BLOG IS NOT: intended to point fingers at people who I think are wrong.
I do not believe the final judgement will be based on how many correct answers we get on a theology exam. I believe many people throughout history have had genuine relationships with God, despite holding questionable beliefs and practices. I make no claim to having it all figured out or being your judge. If we end up disagreeing over these topics I pray we can find a way to demonstrate grace.

Friday, May 14, 2010

Prayer for revival

I heard a brother say today that he feels God is moving in His people. Calling his people into a renewed personal relationship with himself.

I pray this is so. And I'm hopeful it's true.

Not just doing more Christian stuff, or getting it all right. But just getting closer to Jesus.

I pray that as God calls His people closer to himself, they will also be drawn closer to each other. That they will recognize other members of Christ's body that they may have overlooked before as a result of some lesser disagreement. And that as members of Christ's body we will build each other up, encourage, love, pray for, teach, ect... as God gifts and leads each of us.

I pray that following Jesus will become a reality, not just lip service.

Are we following a book? Are we following traditions? Are we following other people who have studied about God? Or even following other people who know God?

Or are we following Jesus? Do we know Jesus personally?

To follow Jesus we will need to learn to know His voice. I pray we will learn to know our Lord, to know His love for us, and learn His will for us.

No comments: