Disclaimer: About This Blog

THIS BLOG IS: my personal journey of how I am rethinking some of my spiritual beliefs.
THIS BLOG IS NOT: intended to point fingers at people who I think are wrong.
I do not believe the final judgement will be based on how many correct answers we get on a theology exam. I believe many people throughout history have had genuine relationships with God, despite holding questionable beliefs and practices. I make no claim to having it all figured out or being your judge. If we end up disagreeing over these topics I pray we can find a way to demonstrate grace.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Week of Prayer for Christian Unity

The Week of Prayer for Christian Unity has snuck up on me again. I've known about this focus on prayer for unity for a few years, but I confess I've never gotten my act together to put it on the calendar and show up. One year I phoned all the churches I could think of in my area, and nobody knew if anyone was doing anything for it (and I was too late to plan anything). This year I see there is one local church participating, but it's the same night as my small group study. I may try to make it to another night at a further location... I'll see if I can find someone to drag along. And it's on my calendar for next year.

Anyways... there's my confession.

Here's info and resources from a Canadian site: http://ecumenism.net/wpcu/

And from a US site: http://geii.org/wpcu_index.htm

And from World Council of Churches site: http://www.oikoumene.org/en/news/events/ev/se/article/1634/week-of-prayer-for-christ-8.html

Jesus prayed for our unity, we should too.

I will continue to pray for Christian unity, so the world can recognize the One Lord through us. I pray that we will recognize the reality that all who have Jesus as their Lord of their lives are united with Him.

Take a look at the above websites and see if there is a way to participate.

No comments: