Disclaimer: About This Blog

THIS BLOG IS: my personal journey of how I am rethinking some of my spiritual beliefs.
THIS BLOG IS NOT: intended to point fingers at people who I think are wrong.
I do not believe the final judgement will be based on how many correct answers we get on a theology exam. I believe many people throughout history have had genuine relationships with God, despite holding questionable beliefs and practices. I make no claim to having it all figured out or being your judge. If we end up disagreeing over these topics I pray we can find a way to demonstrate grace.

Monday, November 23, 2009

How can I gain your love?

What did you need to do to gain the love of your parents?

What do your kids need to do to gain your love?

What did you need to do to gain the love of your grand-parents?

In most cases - Nothing!

I can't imagine my kids arriving at my parents home when we visit for Christmas and asking "Grandma, what can I do so you love me?" They just know they are loved.

We don't need to try to earn it. We should know too that we are loved by our Father, and learn to live within that perfect loving relationship... being guided by the One who loves us and knows us best.

No comments: