Disclaimer: About This Blog

THIS BLOG IS: my personal journey of how I am rethinking some of my spiritual beliefs.
THIS BLOG IS NOT: intended to point fingers at people who I think are wrong.
I do not believe the final judgement will be based on how many correct answers we get on a theology exam. I believe many people throughout history have had genuine relationships with God, despite holding questionable beliefs and practices. I make no claim to having it all figured out or being your judge. If we end up disagreeing over these topics I pray we can find a way to demonstrate grace.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Learning Triangle

Came across this learning triangle at a blog post titled "It's Better to Preach to your Pet than Sit through Sermons". It triggered a distant memory from the Faculty of Education... I think I saw some triangle that looked like this before... but I don't remember much about that lecture... ironically likely because it was a lecture. I do remember seeing a graphic though. :)

The point of this triangle is that more information is retained in learning environments where you are more involved. If your ears, eyes, brain, and mouth are involved you will retain the information much better than if it's just your ears and brain.

I think the link above has some interesting points and suggestions as we attempt to do the teaching or instructing one another part of body life - whether in large groups or smaller group settings.



This also got me thinking of a possible value to blogging. At times I've wondered about the value of blogging this journey... but I have recognized that blogging about these things forces me to organize my thoughts and beliefs, and search for answers that I have never searched out before. More than simply listening to, or reading someone else's positions, I have to internalize the ideas before I can attempt to put my thoughts together here.

I'm not sure if this blog counts as being in the "Teach Others" bottom layer of the triangle. I'm not sure if anyone is reading or learning.... but I do attempt to express what I'm learning in a way that may make some sense. :) And I do find that I remember most of what I have blogged about.

No comments: