Disclaimer: About This Blog

THIS BLOG IS: my personal journey of how I am rethinking some of my spiritual beliefs.
THIS BLOG IS NOT: intended to point fingers at people who I think are wrong.
I do not believe the final judgement will be based on how many correct answers we get on a theology exam. I believe many people throughout history have had genuine relationships with God, despite holding questionable beliefs and practices. I make no claim to having it all figured out or being your judge. If we end up disagreeing over these topics I pray we can find a way to demonstrate grace.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Starting a new Church?

Have you ever heard someone talk about planting a church?

If not an individual, has your church planted another church?

Or have you heard of someone starting a house church?

When was the church you go to founded?

What are we talking about here?

I don't think we create 'church' no matter how we try. Christ already created His Church by living within each of us. So there is no need to try to create a new organization and call it church. I think when we do this we encourage disunity in Christ's Church because some will naturally think they belong to one 'church' but not another.

I pray that more would see themselves as members of Christ's church - His body - part of His kingdom where He is King.

Am I just hung up on this church word? - I think we need to find some better ways to communicate what we mean.

Thoughts?

No comments: